LINKS Teleconference Series
We are pleased to present a series of teleconferences for clients with MS and their families entitled "LINKS." Whether you just received a diagnosis of MS or have been living with it for a long time--the goal of this series is to "link" you with information and tips on how to maintain your quality of life in the years ahead.
The series is made up of nine teleconferences held Tuesday nights (7-8 pm) from April 2 through May 28, 2013.
Each teleconference lasts just one hour and is accessible via a toll-free number. You can ask questions or just listen to the information. Best of all, you can do so from the privacy of your own home. Participate in several calls or just the one that interests you.
April 16th, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Complementary Approach to MS
In the United States, approximately 75% of people with MS use one form or another of complementary and alternative medicine, generally in combination with their prescribed MS treatments. This teleconference will be an interactive workshop that combines the best of the East and the West in regard to managing your MS. Participants will learn a complementary approach including energy movement, such as Tai Chi and Qi Qong as a form of healing, as well as changes in diet, life style, and essential supplements in addition to the conventional medical treatments currently available.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Jerry Fleishman is a Board Certified Neurologist and Licensed Acupuncturist in addition to Director of Clinical Neurophysiology, Section Chief of Neurology, and Director of the Stroke Unit at the Franklin Square Hospital in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Fleishman is also a Clinical Instructor in Neurology at Johns Hopkins Medical Center. He combines a complementary approach in his practice using the “Best of the East” and the “Best of the West” in the diagnosis and treatment of his patients. Dr. Fleishman has lectured for numerous organizations over the years on topics of Neurology, as well as a complementary approach to good health and specific illnesses. He has been named in Consumer’s Guide to Top Doctors in Maryland and “Top Doc” in the Baltimore Magazine.
The registration deadline for this call is April 9, 2013.
Additional Calls in the Series*:
*You must register for each call in the Series you would like to participate on.
- April 2nd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Getting the Care You Need: How to Find the Right Care & Use Your Appointment to the Fullest
- April 9th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Care and Recovery After a Relapse
- April 16th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Complementary Approach to MS
- April 23rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: How to Hire Home Health
- April 30th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: The Hidden Effects of MS: Financial Survivability
- May 7th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Tips & Gadgets
- May 14th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Minimizing Your Risk of Falls
- May 21st, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Healthy Living with MS: Diet & Nutrition
- May 28th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Clinical Trials & Progress in MS Research