Free From Falls - A Fall Prevention Workshop - Woodbridge, VA DCW
- Do you sometimes feel unstable on your feet?
- Do you often use a wall or furniture to help you balance when you walk?
- Have you had an unexpected fall?
Join us for Free From Falls, a one-day fall prevention workshop designed specifically for people with MS who are able to walk, but may be at risk for falling. At this workshop you will learn about the prevalence of falls and the impact of falls on people with MS, how to identify risk factors that can contribute to falls, and exercises to help minimize the risk of falls. This workshop will be facilitated by Jessica To-Alemanji, PT, DPT, a physical therapist and owner of Body Kinetic Rehab, LLC with more than 10 years' experience working with individuals with MS.
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
Hylton Education Center
2300 Opitz Blvd.
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Sunday, October 5, 2014
1:00 – 6:00 p.m. (healthy afternoon snacks will be provided)
- Please pre-register by October 2, 2014.
- You can pre-register by scrolling down and logging in, or by telephone at 1-800-344-4867, option 1.
- This is a pre-registration only. A program coordinator will follow up with you to confirm your registration.
- There is no cost to attend this program.
- Due to the nature of the program, space is limited.