Living Strong with MS
March 21 - April 25, 2013
Thursdays 10:00am - 11:30am
Fees: $295.00 per participant. Financial assistance may be available through NMSS for those with demonstrated need. Please contact Tara Reed, Tara.Reed@nmss.org or call 1-800-344-4867 for more information.
This equine empowerment group is open to adults who are living with multiple sclerosis. You will have the chance to connect and share with others living with MS in a supportive, flexible, and fun outdoor environment. This is an unmounted group, you will have the opportunity to participate in grooming, leading, ground work exercises, and various other horsemanship activities. In addition, if you are interested, you will have the chance to participate in a brief research study on the benefits of equine-therapy on persons living with MS.
In this group you will:
* Improve your balance and movement
* Maintain and increase your physical ability
* Practice self-care
* Increase your sense of personal power and well-being
* Experience the power of Equine-Facilitated Psychotherapy
* Increase self-understanding and self-acceptance
* Have fun outdoors with well-trained horses and others who
* Participate at your own functioning level
To register for this program contact:
Cherié E. Page, Ph.D.
Registered Psychologist, #2012148, DreamPower Horsemanship