LINKS Teleconference Series
We are pleased to present a series of teleconferences for clients with MS and their families entitled "LINKS." Whether you just received a diagnosis of MS or have been living with it for a long time--the goal of this series is to "link" you with information and tips on how to maintain your quality of life in the years ahead.
The series is made up of nine teleconferences held Tuesday nights (7-8 pm) from April 2 through May 28, 2013.
Each teleconference lasts just one hour and is accessible via a toll-free number. You can ask questions or just listen to the information. Best of all, you can do so from the privacy of your own home. Participate in several calls or just the one that interests you.
April 2nd, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Getting the Care You Need: How to Find the Right Care & Use Your Appointment to the Fullest
In today’s health care environment, there is seldom enough time during a single doctor’s visit to discuss all of your concerns—particularly given the number of symptoms MS can cause and the many ways it can affect your daily life. However, there are things you can do to make sure you are maximizing the time you spend in the doctor’s office. Join us for this call and hear first-hand from a Neurologist what kinds of questions you should ask, how to make sure your doctor is really hearing your concerns, and how to be proactive to get the most out of your time as a step towards greater management of your own health care.
Guest Speaker: Dr. David E. Jones joined the James Q. Miller Multiple Sclerosis Clinic at the University of Virginia in 2012 after moving from a hospital based MS Center in Pennsylvania. He completed a fellowship in Neuroimmunology at the University of Massachusetts, where he also completed a residency in Neurology. He received his medical degree from Wake Forest University.
The registration deadline for this call is March 26, 2013.
Additional Calls in the Series*:
*You must register for each call in the Series you would like to participate on.
- April 2nd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Getting the Care You Need: How to Find the Right Care & Use Your Appointment to the Fullest
- April 9th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Care and Recovery After a Relapse
- April 16th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Complementary Approach to MS
- April 23rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: How to Hire Home Health
- April 30th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: The Hidden Effects of MS: Financial Survivability
- May 7th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Tips & Gadgets
- May 14th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Minimizing Your Risk of Falls
- May 21st, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Healthy Living with MS: Diet & Nutrition
- May 28th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Clinical Trials & Progress in MS Research