LINKS Teleconference Series
We are pleased to present a series of teleconferences for clients with MS and their families entitled "LINKS." Whether you just received a diagnosis of MS or have been living with it for a long time--the goal of this series is to "link" you with information and tips on how to maintain your quality of life in the years ahead.
The series is made up of nine teleconferences held Tuesday nights (7-8 pm) from April 2 through May 28, 2013.
Each teleconference lasts just one hour and is accessible via a toll-free number. You can ask questions or just listen to the information. Best of all, you can do so from the privacy of your own home. Participate in several calls or just the one that interests you.
April 9th, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Care & Recovery After a Relapse
Exacerbation, attack, flare-up or relapse – no matter what you call it, if you have MS, you have experienced one. A relapse causes new symptoms or the worsening of old symptoms and the severity of the relapse can be unpredictable. Reducing your risk factors for relapses is crucial to controlling your MS, but knowing how to care for yourself when you do experience a relapse is equally as important. Join us to learn more about self-care during a relapse.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Unsong Oh joined the faculty of the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine in August 2010 as an Assistant Professor with the Department of Neurology and is the Director of the VCU Multiple Sclerosis Treatment and Research Center. Prior to joining the staff at VCU, Dr. Oh was a Clinical Fellow with the Neuroimmunology Branch of the National Institute of Health. Dr. Oh also serves on the Board of Trustees for the Central Virginia Chapter of the National MS Society and the Chapter’s Clinical Advisory Committee.
The registration deadline for this call is April 2, 2013.
Additional Calls in the Series*:
*You must register for each call in the Series you would like to participate on.
- April 2nd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Getting the Care You Need: How to Find the Right Care & Use Your Appointment to the Fullest
- April 9th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Care and Recovery After a Relapse
- April 16th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Complementary Approach to MS
- April 23rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm: How to Hire Home Health Care
- April 30th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: The Hidden Effects of MS: Financial Survivability
- May 7th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Tips & Gadgets
- May 14th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Minimizing Your Risk of Falls
- May 21st, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Healthy Living with MS: Diet & Nutrition
- May 28th, 2013 at 7:00 pm: Clinical Trials & Progress in MS Research