Team Captains Corner
- Be sure to promote your team throughout the summer!
- Over HALF of our rookie cyclists have noted they found out about City to Shore through a veteran cyclist. Word of mouth is the best way to recruit new team members!
- Every cyclist registered is another person joining us to help create a world free of MS.
- Your assigned 2017 Bike MS staff member will contact you and will be there to help you throughout the summer.
- Planning a team training ride this weekend?
- Get your team together at the Conshohocken Brewing Company, located along the Schuylkill River Trail! See dates and details below.
- Don't forget to book your team housing.
Kickstart Your Summer! City to Shore is Fast-Approaching.
Believe it or not, summer is already here, and City to Shore is fast-approaching! As always, we will keep you updated and informed on all things City to Shore throughout the season via these monthly emails. Be sure to check out the items below to kickstart your summer and get ready for City to Shore!
- Cyclist Handbook = hitting mailboxes later this month!
Whether this is your first year participating in City to Shore or your 30th, be sure to reference this mailing for important Ride information and changes, dates and deadlines, route and safety information, fundraising tips & resources and more.
- Book your Ocean City housing: The Ocean City Housing Hotline (aka Access Ocean City) is now open! Hotels, condos and team housing reservations should be made through Access Ocean City by visiting accessoceancitynj.com or calling 1-888-895-7733. Rooms fill up fast, so make your reservations early.
- Download the Bike MS Mobile App: Summer is one of the busiest times of year for everyone! Fundraising for City to Shore has never been easier or more convenient with the mobile app. If you already have the mobile app, log in to check out recent upgrades and new features. By using the mobile app, you can easily:
Visit page 13 of the Participant Center Guide for more tips on using the mobile app.
- Track your donations and thank you donors in real time via text, email, social media and more
- Schedule social media posts in advance
- Contact your team members
- Update your personal or team fundraising page
- Start Training: Visit the Safety & Training page for training tools, including your customized TrainingPeaks training plan. Visit your local sponsoring Bike Shop, and get geared up for the season. Access your virtual goodie bag for shop coupons.
While you’re out training this Saturday, join us at the Conshohocken Brewery Company, along the Schuylkill River Trail. See more details in the article below.
Get Geared Up with Us at the Conshohocken Brewing Company
While you are out training on Saturday, June 10, join us from 11a.m. - 2p.m. at the Conshohocken Brewing Company, located along the popular Schuylkill River Trail.
Be sure to join us and:
- Socialize with fellow City to Shore participants, volunteers, members of the Planning Team and staff
- Grab some promo materials
- Enjoy food and drink specials
- Turn in donations
- Bring a friend an get them registered on-site
Can’t join us on the 10th? Check out the “Deadlines and Reminders” section (below) for additional dates that we will be there.
How Your Fundraising Helps
Even if you may not have a personal connection to MS currently, you are riding for someone by participating in Bike MS, such as LuzSelenia Loeb.
LuzSelenia Loeb started volunteering her skills for the MS Society as a photographer in 2012 after her brother was diagnosed with MS. Just one year later, Luz lost her vision and was also diagnosed with MS.
As a single mother of three, life for Luz was challenging enough. Although Luz regained her eyesight, MS attacks have made walking difficult. However, MS has not stopped Luz or her children – two of whom have received MS Society education scholarships – from forging ahead. Luz still volunteers when she is able and takes part in Walk MS Philadelphia every year.
"Whenever I’ve needed something, the National MS Society has been there. Not only have they provided direct assistance, but they’ve also connected me to other people living with MS – and that has been invaluable and truly life changing."
Welcome Discover Bank
City to Shore would like to officially welcome Discover Bank as the 2017 Egg Harbor City Rest Stop Sponsor. Discover Bank has been a longtime supporter of Bike MS, including a previous City to Shore vendor sponsor and local presenting sponsor of Bike MS: Bike to the Bay. Additionally, Discover Bank hosts a cycling team for both City to Shore and Bike to the Bay. City to Shore is thrilled to welcome them as a Rest Stop sponsor this year.
There are still corporate sponsorship opportunities available for City to Shore 2017. Contact us today to discuss!
2017 Deadlines & Reminders
Make sure you are in the know about housing, money
turn-in deadlines, Bike MS event and more. Click here for a full list
of 2017 important dates and deadlines.
- Request FREE promotional
- June 1: Ocean City
- June 10 & July 22: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Connect with fellow cyclists at the Conshohocken Brewing Company (along the Schuylkill River Trail).
- August 1: Early Money
Turn-In/Long Sleeve T-Shirt Deadline *** Note: the amount
to receive a Long-Sleeve has increased to $500 this year. Contact us to
update your goal today!
18-September 20: Bike Inspections
- August 21: Rider Expo,
presented by XFINITY Live! & Rider Number Pick Up
- August 31: Rider Number Mailing
September 23 & 24: Bike MS: City to Shore 2017!
1. SCREENS N SPOKES, $37,810
2. Not Rocket Science, $17,535
3. Lou's Loonies, $11,974
4. Jersey's Team, $10,775
5. Friends Of Jack, $10,730
1. Ian Harris, $30,000
2. Dominique Calabrese, $14,130
3. Joseph Grabowski, $11,000
4. Jack Beiter, $10,630
5. Bernard Plantz, $7,170
1. UPHS/PENN, 199
2. Team Ox, 81
3. Team Comcast, 63
4. Jersey's Team, 58
5. Raudies Riders, 43
Click here to see the Top Teams & Top 250 VIP Club members.