MUCKRUCKUS MS WILL CHALLENGE YOU TWICE: CONQUER THE COURSE AND FUNDRAISE TO END MS
MuckRuckus MS is a fun event, but it's also a FUNdraising event! Your effort to raise money today makes a different in the lives of people with MS every day. Each MuckRuckus MS participant is required to raise $100, but the majority of participants go above and beyond the fundraising minimum to support programs and services for people affected by MS and cutting edge research. All donations to the National MS Society are tax deductible.
- Kick start fundraising with a personal donation.
- Fundraise with facebook.
- Use the digital downloads and link them to your fundraising page.
- Use social media (Facebook, Twitter) to generate interest and donations.
- Use your MuckRuckus MS Participant Center. Here's a great Participant Center how-to guide!
Raise $500 in ONE WEEK-
Fundraising $500 in only seven days is easier than you think. Just follow these easy steps below:
|Monday||Make your own pledge||25|
|Ask your boss (don’t forget Matching Gifts!)||50|
|Tuesday||Ask your spouse or significant other||25|
|Wednesday||Ask 5 relatives for $20 each||100|
|Thursday||Ask 5 friends for $15 each||75|
|Friday||Ask 5 co-workers for $10 each||50|
|Saturday||Ask 5 neighbors for $10 each||50|
|Sunday||Ask 5 local businesses for $25 each||125|
Step 1: Personalize your webpage
When you register for the event you will get your own free, personal webpage to track your progress, send emails and collect donations online. We encourage you to customize your webpage with your story of why you are getting filthy for this good cause and a personal photo. Need help? Here's a simple how-to guide.
Step 2: Use your webpage to fundraise
- Make a list of all the people you could contact by email.
- Send an email from your webpage to all your family and friends about your commitment raising funds for MS.
- Place a customized signature including your personal webpage address on the bottom of your personal email correspondence. If you would like to do this at work, you might want to check with your supervisor first.
- Donors can go directly to your secure webpage to make a donation with a credit card. It is a quick, easy and secure process.
- Check your webpage often to monitor your fundraising progress.
Step 3: Personalize a fundraising note
Some people are more likely to support your fundraising if they receive a mailed, personalized note or simply by asking.
Ideas to personalize your note:
- Enclose a picture.
- Explain why you made the commitment to participate.
- Include a fact sheet about multiple sclerosis.
- Include the link to donate (they will be able to donate to your fundraising goal with a simple search)
Possible people to ask for donations:
- Church members
- New acquaintances
- Old acquaintances from college or work
- Business associates and vendors
- Business you patronize: dry cleaners, restaurants, doctors, dentists, mechanics, etc.
Step 4: Organize an activity
There are many activities and events you can organize to help you reach your fundraising goal. Plan activities you can do with friends, co-workers or possibly barter your talents.
Ideas for Friends and Family
- Organize a party or event and charge admission: poker party, golf game, cookie swap, silent auction or barbeque.
- Host a fundraising night at a local restaurant, as many establishments will donate a percentage of the proceeds.
- Hold a garage sale; gather all your friends' unwanted items and sell them to raise funds. It is a good idea to advertise that the profits are going towards National MS Society, as people may be more generous with the price they pay.
- Ask friends and family to save their spare change. It can really add up!
Ideas for Co-Workers
- Sell food: candy bars, pizza, ice cream.
- Host a silent auction with local business and vendors donating the items.
- Hold a drawing for prime parking, days off or casual attire.
- Use Your Talents - use your creativity for this one: walk dogs, groom pets, give lessons, garden or babysit. If you have a talent, someone will pay for it.
Download 101 fundraising tips for simple and fun ways to meet your goal.
Step 5: Fundraise through Facebook
Log into your participant center for more details.
Step 6: Matching Gifts
Let your donors know that companies often have matching gift programs, and they should check with their managers to see if their company participates. Just think how easily a $20 donation could become a $40 donation with a matching gift. Any matching gift donation from your company or your donors' company will be added towards your goal. Call (904) 332.6810 for more details.
Step 7: Keep a fundraising record and write it down on your pledge envelope
- Write it down; keep a detailed list of the people you contacted for a donation.
- Track of the people you have solicited, donation and received amount, and confirm that a "thank you" was sent.
- Follow up; if you haven't had a response from a person you have solicited make sure you follow up!
Step 8: Say "Thank You"
Always make sure you send a "Thank You" to each person who makes a donation. It can also be meaningful to keep them updated on your training and fundraising progress. You can also invite them to cheer for you at the finish line.