- What do volunteers do?
We need help with checking in the runners when they arrive, monitoring the mucky action on the course, helping to ensure safe use of obstacles, and helping in the MuckFestival area. Read about the specific requirements and responsibilities for each volunteer position by clicking the link below:
Read the volunteer job descriptions.
- Are there any age restrictions or requirements for volunteering?
Volunteers must be at least 12 years or older to volunteer for MuckFest MS. For volunteers under the age of 18, we have a few requirements.
All Volunteers under the age of 18:
• Must have a Minor Consent Form, Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability Form signed by a parent or guardian (not a group leader)
• For youth volunteer groups aged 16 to 18 years: 1 adult leader is required for every 10 minors
• For youth volunteer groups aged 12 to 15 years: 1 adult leader is required for every 5 minors
• Minors under 18 years may only volunteer for eight consecutive hours, starting no earlier than 6 a.m.
- I can’t make it on the day of MuckFest MS. Are there volunteer opportunities before the event?
We may have pre-event volunteer opportunities depending on the needs of a particular event. To find out about pre-MuckFest MS volunteer opportunities in your area, click the link below:
- Can I volunteer if I am already registered as a runner?
You are not able to volunteer on the day of MuckFest MS because you’ll be slipping and sliding through the course. However, we may have pre-event volunteer opportunities before the day of MuckFest MS. Please click the link below to see if pre-event volunteer opportunities are available in your area.
- How do I register to become a volunteer?
Click here to search for volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Are we required to fundraise?
We don’t force you to fundraise, but we will love you if you do! We’re raising funds to help end multiple sclerosis, a chronic, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms vary widely from numbness in the limbs and fatigue to blindness and challenges walking. While there’s been incredible progress in treating the disease, there is no known cure for MS. Please support the National MS Society with a donation, and ask your family, friends and neighbors to support your volunteer work with a donation as well.
- Are there volunteer opportunities for groups? How do we register a group?
Yes. Groups of volunteers are weclome. Please contact us to discuss how your group can get the most out of volunteering for MuckFest MS.
- Is there an insurance requirement to register as a volunteer?
While MuckFest MS does not require volunteers to carry personal health insurance while on event, we highly recommend that you do so. As a volunteer you may sustain injuries while on event, which may require medical treatment. Any costs associated with injuries sustained on event, would be fully and solely your own responsibility. MuckFest MS will not reimburse you or be financially responsible for any costs associated with your medical care while on the event or thereafter.
Still have questions? Contact us.