MuckRuckus MS Northeast Fundraising
Fundraising is one of the most important elements of MuckRuckus MS Northeast. Each runner is required to raise $100. The majority of participants go above and beyond the fundraising minimum. All donations to the National MS Society are tax-deductible.
Fundraising is as easy as 1, 2, 3... Follow these simple steps:
Step #1 -- Know your networks
Make a list of every person you know -- the obvious (friends and family) and the not-so obvious (neighbors, acquaintances, business associates, team members, alumni associates, etc.). You have just created your donor list.
Step #2 -- Set your fundraising goal
Now that you know your networks, set your goal. The commitment for MuckRuckus is only $100, but there are no limits to what you can achieve. Keep in mind that you will want an attainable goal and there is always an opportunity to adjust your goal throughout the MuckRuckus MS season. Once you’ve settled on your goal, make sure to log into your account and update it.
Step #3 -- Share your commitment and make a plan
You have created your donor list and set your goal; next comes what many people think is the hardest part of fundraising, the ASK. Tell everyone what you are doing -- the excitement is contagious and your story will inspire others. Articulate why you are taking on MuckRuckus MS Northeast. Your commitment will be the reason they choose to give you a donation.
Now that you know the steps, it's time to get started.
Here are a few tools to help you achieve fundraising success.
- Personal fundraising page: Did you know if you set up and actively update your personal page you can raise on average two to three times more? Having trouble using your account? Click here to watch a video tutorial.
- Event Materials: Request MuckRuckus MS Northeast event materials to help spread the word! Click Here to fill out the request form.
- Event pledge sheet: Track your offline pledges and matching gifts with our event pledge sheet.
- Matching Gifts: Many corporations have a matching gift program where they will match your gift. These matches can double, triple or even quadruple the amount of your gift. If you or your spouse work for a matching gift company, please consider having your gift matched by the employer. Click here to check out our list of companies that do matching gifts.
- Fundraise through Facebook: We make it easy for you to set up automatic status updates and asks to your entire Facebook network with Boundless Fundraising. Log into your account to set it up today. Having trouble? Click here for a how-to guide (pdf).
- Participant Center How To Guide: Use this easy guide to set-up your customized participant center!
- MS Store - Visit the MS Store today for great items you could purchase and sell to your friends and family as a fundraiser and help spread awareness about MuckRuckus MS!
- Community Events Calendar: Do you have a fundraising event coming up? Email Alexis Stone at email@example.com to post your event on the New Jersey Metro Chapter website.