Bike MS: Breakaway to Key Largo 2014
Help Us In The Fight Against MS!
Leslie's Angels riders know and ride for multiple people and families that are impacted by MS:
- Leslie, who is the inspiration and namesake for Team Leslie's Angels and the wife of Rex. Many of us are involved with this event because of Leslie, who was originally diagnosed with MS in 2003. Since her original diagnosis, her doctors have determined that she is suffering from a tougher, related disease called Devic's Disease.
- Allen Giese, a 5 year team member for Leslie's Angels, rides for "Sean, Leslie (of Leslie's Angels) and Stuart, three friends with three very different experiences with MS at three different stages of their lives. I ride because I want to do something for them and for anyone who has been diagnosed - and because I want to do everything to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease."
- Cindy LaPorta, mom of Matt LaPorta who plays in the MLB for the Cleveland Indians, and sister of past team member Rick Weston.
- Joy, sister of Mike Hogsten. Mike rides for G4S and is Gerry's childhood buddy.
- Roula, Gerry's friend from the South Florida Greek community.
The number of people living with multiple sclerosis increases every hour of every day. This astonishing rate is not going to diminish, nor will it stop, until we've found a cure. Research has made some incredible advances recently, but the world can still only offer disease management drugs and therapies to the 400,000 people living with MS in America.
We've formed Leslie's Angels because we know that riding 175 miles is nowhere near as difficult as confronting a lifetime with multiple sclerosis. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society gives us all reason to hope, though. In addition to supporting novel research projects around the globe, they also provide much needed education, programs, and services to everyone who is affected by MS - including the diagnosed, their friends and families, and the healthcare professionals who work with them.
Join our team as a cyclist or a volunteer! Make a donation online! Send in a check! Talk to your employer about becoming a sponsor! There are so many ways to make a difference in the fight against MS, and it all begins here.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
|Heribert (Harry) Baumgartner||$370.00|
|Denotes a Team Captain|