2015 Bike MS: Country Roads Ride
Start/Finish Location: Road Route-The Greenbrier ; Trail Trek-The Greenbrier Youth Camp
Overnight Location: Snowshoe Mountain Resort
Route Options: 60 or 75 mile Road Route each day -OR- 60 mile Trail Trek each day
Age Minimum: 18
Fundraising Minimum: $300
VIP Status: $1,000
About the Ride
Enjoy the scenic roads of the Greenbrier and Pocahontas counties of West Virginia as you pedal along with other cyclists riding to create a world free of MS! Road cyclists will take in some of West Virginia's most beautiful territory sneaking a peak at Senator Rockefeller's countryside home and riding through Greenbank Observatory. Likewise, trail cyclists will enjoy the beautiful Greenbrier River Trail--a packed, crusher surface with a mere one percent grade.
This fun and safe ride is fully supported with rest stops every 10-15 miles, Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles, medics, and bike mechanics.
The first day concludes at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park and a shuttle is provided up to Snowshoe Mountain Resort where cyclists can enjoy the breathtaking views while partaking a delicious meal, massages, musical entertainment and an evening program. Sunday's route heads cyclists back to The Greenbrier (a national historic landmark, with impeccable service and outstanding amenities) for another fun finish line celebration. The sense of accomplishment that you'll feel as you cross the finish line can only be matched by the knowledge that you are making a difference in the lives of people affected by MS.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to a vision of a world free of MS. Your participation in Bike MS provides help for today and hope for tomorrow by funding education programs, support services, advocacy, and research.
To participate and obtain a rider number all cyclists must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the day of the ride
- Collect a minimum of $300 in donations
- Complete a Bike MS Waiver and Safety Pledge
Two Day Road Route: 60 or 75 miles each day
- Start: The Greenbrier
- Day One (Saturday) Finish: Cass Scenic Railroad State Park
- Overnight: Snowshoe Mountain
- Day Two (Sunday) Finish: The Greenbrier
Two Day Trail Trek: 60 miles each day
- Start: The Greenbrier Youth Camp
- Day One (Saturday) Finish:
- Overnight: Snowshoe Mountain
- Day Two (Sunday) Finish: The Greenbrier Youth Camp
- Day Two (Sunday) Finish Celebration: The Greenbrier
Friday Night Lodging:
- The Greenbrier Youth Camp is open for lodging on Friday night. Accommodations are $20 per person and you are required to bring your own bedding. To view facilities please visit their website: www.greenbrieryouthcamp.com. To book your lodging or get additional information, please contact Larry E. Cordell, Camp Manager at 304-497-2164, 304-667-7018 (cell), or email@example.com. Be sure to mention that you are with the National MS Society Bike MS event.
- Hotel reservations can be made in the towns of Lewisburg or White Sulphur Springs. Most hotels in these two cities, including the Greenbrier Resort, provide special group rates under the "National MS Society Bike Ride" Room Block.
- The Greebrier Resort: Rates: $179 per room, per night (single or double occupancy); additional $50 per night will apply to each 3rd or 4th adult occupant in the room.
*If you are riding the Trail ride we strongly encourage that you pick up your packet at the Friday night check-in.
Saturday Overnight Location:
Snowshoe Mountain Resort
10 Snowshoe Drive
Snowshoe, WV 26209
Please note cyclists are responsible or making their own accommodations. The Saturday Finish is at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park and a shuttle will be provided up to Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Therefore, all cyclists must book a reservation at Snowshoe Mountain Resort for Saturday, August 29th.
The cut-off date for making Saturday Night reservations at Snowshoe is July 14, 2015, after which rooms will be sold on a space-available basis.
Please contact Snowshoe Mountain Resort Central Reservations at 877-441-4386 to book your accommodations. To ensure that you reserve a room in the room block, at our discounted room rates, please identify provide the reservations agent with the following information:
Bike: Country Roads Ride 2015
August 29, 20145 departing August 30, 2015