2015 Bike MS: Virginia's Ocean to Bay Ride
Start/Finish Location: Cape Charles, VA
Overnight Location: YMCA Camp Silver Beach (Jamesville, VA)
Route Options: 36, 75 and 100 each day
Age Minimum: 18
Fundraising Minimum: $300
Thousandaire Status: $1,200
About the Ride
Enjoy the scenic roads of Virginia's Eastern Shore as you pedal along with other cyclists riding to create a world free of MS! You'll love the flat terrain as you travel through the quaint towns, pedal past corn fields, and experience the serene beauty of the Shore.
This fun and safe ride is fully supported with rest stops every 10-15 miles, Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles, medics, and bike mechanics from sponsoring bike shops.
We conclude the first day at YMCA Camp Silver Beach in Jamesville, VA where cyclists can enjoy a delicious cookout, massages, musical entertainment and an evening program. Sunday's route heads cyclists back to Cape Charles, VA for another fun finish line celebration. The sense of accomplishment that you'll feel as you cross the finish line can only be matched by the knowledge that you are making a difference in the lives of people affected by MS.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to a vision of a world free of MS. Your participation in Bike MS provides help for today and hope for tomorrow by funding education programs, support services, advocacy, and research.
To participate and obtain a rider number all cyclists must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the day of the ride
- Collect a minimum of $300 in donations
- Complete a Bike MS Waiver and Safety Pledge
One Day (Saturday): 36, 75, or 100 miles
- Start: Cape Charles
- Finish: YMCA Camp Silver Beach (Return shuttle provided to start.)
Two Day: 36, 75, or 100 miles each day
- Start: Cape Charles
- Overnight: YMCA Camp Silver Beach
- Sunday Finish: Cape Charles
YMCA Camp Silver Beach
72 YMCA Lane
Jamesville, VA 23398
Friday Night Lodging:
YMCA Camp Silver Beach is open for lodging on Friday night. Accommodations are the same as Saturday night accommodation assignments.
- Individuals who raise $1,200 by 5/29/15 can stay for FREE on Friday night.
- Tent and Urban campers can stay for FREE Friday night.
Please RSVP to Karla McCarraher at 757-319-4253 or email@example.com.
- Bayview and Tower campers who have not reached Thousandaire status ($1,200) by 5/29/15 can pay $35 to stay Friday night.
Registration for Friday night lodging will open closer to the event date.
Saturday Night Lodging:
- Bayview (aka Bay Village Cottage): Deluxe Cabin located near the Bay with Bunk Beds and Shared Bathroom/Shower area. All Men, All Women, and Co-Ed options available.
- Tower Cottage: Dormitory Style Cabin with Bunk Beds and Shared Bathroom/Shower area. All Men, All Women, and Co-Ed options available.
- Urban Camping: Large, Open Indoor Room with Camp Mattresses provided. You may bring your own air mattress if you like. Bathroom in Room. Shower truck provided for your convenience.
- Tent Camping: Bring your own tent and set up wherever you like. Shower truck and Port-a-Johns provided for your convenience (or you may use the restroom in one of the cabins).
- Own Accommodations/ Hotel: Rather stay in a Hotel? Feel free to make your own hotel reservation. A shuttle will be operating Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to take folks to the three closest hotels in Exmore, VA (Best Western, Hampton Inn, and Holiday Express).
Please note: pictures are best viewed with Firefox or Chrome web browsers