Bike MS: Cycle the Silver Valley takes you on an unforgettable, two-day journey through the ancestral lands of the Coeur d'Alene nation in the Idaho panhandle on a "Rails to Trails" path almost completely off of roadways. As many as 200 riders will cruise along the scenic course with multiple route options. Full meals, generous amenities, stunning landscapes, fully stocked rest stops and spirited festivities are all included.
Registration Fee: $75
Fundraising Minimum: $250
Age Minimum: 12 and older
Download the Rider Packet.
Rider packets will be available for pick-up at the National MS Society Office and at the registration booth at Bike MS.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., National MS Society Office, 25 W. Nora Ave., Ste. 100, Spokane, WA. Map.
- Friday, Sept. 18, 5:00-7:00 p.m., registration booth, Rider Village.
- Saturday, Sept. 19, 7:30-8:45 a.m., registration booth, Rider Village.
- Sunday, Sept. 20, 7:45 - 8:45 a.m., registration booth, Rider Village.
Village Directions & Lodging
Route Options: All routes start and finish at Silver Mountain Resort.
- Day 1: 20, 50, 75 or 100 miles options. View the route map.
- Day 2: 25, 35 or 50 mile options (off-trail challenge route available on Day 2 only). View the route map.
Saturday, cyclists taking the 100 mile route will depart at 8:00 a.m., while all other cyclists will depart at 9:00 a.m. All cyclists must be on the route by 10:00 a.m. and the route closes at 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, the official start for all routes is at 9:00 a.m. All cyclists must be on the route by 10:00 a.m. and the route closes at 5:00 p.m.
If you are still on the route after the 5:00 p.m. closure, you will be asked to turn in your bib number and ride at your own risk. Transportation back to Rider Village is available upon request.
We appreciate your hard work and want to make sure each and every rider is safe and fully supported on the route.
Final route maps will be clearly marked with route information such as rest stops for each route. Lunch stop locations vary depending on the route and will begin serving lunch at 11:00 a.m.
If you haven't already, think about forming or joining a team. Riding with friends and family makes the journey that much more fun. In fact, more than 85% of cyclists ride as part of a team!
- If you have not already registered, you can form or join a team when you do.
- If you have already registered, please contact us at teamMSnorthwest@nmss.org and your teams coach will help you out.
Set your Personal/Team Fundraising Goal
- View the Goal Setting (pdf) document for tips on setting a challenging yet realistic goal.
Build Your Team
- Appoint a Co-Captain.
- Recruit at least four team members.
- Read more about being a team captain, recruiting, fundraising and training.
- Make a list of every person you know — the obvious and the not-so obvious. Need extra help? Use the Know Your Networks worksheet (pdf).
- Visit the Fundraising Tools page for ideas and strategies.
- Order free Bike MS materials including posters, trading cards and more.
- Each cyclist is required to raise at least $250, but the majority of cyclists go above and beyond the fundraising minimum and raise $750.
- Thank your donors and give them a tax deductible receipt.
Prepare for the Ride
Silver Mountain Resort: 610 Bunker Ave., Kellogg, ID
Rider Village is where it all comes together at Bike MS: Cycle the Silver Valley! Rider Village is the home of Team Row, the exciting start/finish celebrations, team photos, parties, the beer garden and much, much more! Pop by for mechanical support, check in at registration, stash your bike in the bike corral, enjoy a tasty meal or beverage and fully experience the community of Bike MS!
Following is just a taste of the fun that awaits you and your team in Rider Village.
- Registration for Bike MS 2015
- Start/Finish Line Festivities
- Silver Mountain Resort Restaurants and Bars
- Team Row
- Bike Corral
- Bike MS Saturday Celebration Dinner and Awards
- Pre-registration for Bike MS 2016
- Tickets for the Silver Mountain Waterpark
SATURDAY CELEBRATION DINNER
Noah’s Loft, upstairs in Morning Star Lodge Bldg. B
Dinner service will begin at 5:30 p.m. Please stop by any time between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for dinner. Guest tickets can be purchased at the Registration Booth in Rider Village space is very limited.
BIKE MS RALLY
Hang around after dinner on Saturday to experience the annual Bike MS Rally and celebrate with your fellow cyclists. This inspirational program will feature exciting and motivating messages, team awards, Century Club recognition, important announcements and more you won’t want to miss it!
Driving Directions and Lodging
Parking is available at the Silver Mountain Resort.
Take exit 49 (Bunker Avenue) off I-90 south 1/4 mile.
- Coeur d'Alene: 35 miles (30 min.)
- Seattle: 350 miles (5 hrs.)
- Tri-Cities: 205 miles (3 hrs.)
- Missoula: 130 miles (2 hrs.)
- Moscow: 120 miles (2 hrs.)
- Pullman: 131 miles (2.2 hrs.)
- Yakima: 270 miles (4 hrs.)
The Silver Mountain Resort is offering a special discounted room rate to Bike MS cyclists. A limited number of rooms are available; we suggest making reservations immediately.
Phone Reservations: 800-204-6428 option #1
Online Reservations: http://www.silvermt.com/
Please put #445311 in “Group Code” box in Travel Planner located in the upper right top of webpage.
Online vs. Phone Reservations
The below rooms can be reserved both online and by phone
- Studio, sleeps 2 - $99
- Deluxe Studio, sleeps 4 - $103
- 1 Bedroom Condo, sleeps 4 - $128
The below room types can only be reserved by phone (800-204-6428, opt.#1)
- Outside Corner Suite, sleeps 4 - $138
- The Loft, sleeps 6 (1 bedroom loft) - $210
- Inside Corner Suite, sleeps 6 - $195
- 2 Bedroom, sleeps 6 (combination of 1 bedroom suite and lock-out standard studio) - $205
- 2 Bedroom Extended, sleeps 8 (combination of 1 bedroom suite and lock-out extended studio) - $217
- 2 Bedroom Loft Condo, sleeps 8 (combination of 1 bedroom loft and lock-out standard studio) - $277
- 2 Bedroom Extended Loft, sleeps 10 (combination of 1 bedroom loft and lock-out extended studio) - $299
Note: 15.5% tax is not included in above rates. Rates are per night, not per person.
SILVER RAPIDS INDOOR WATER PARK PASSES MAY BE PURCHASED FOR $15 PER PERSON, PER DAY AT THE MORNING STAR LODGE FRONT DESK.
FREE “Indoor Camping” option also available. Please contact Bike MS Staff for more information by calling 509-742-5174 or email at email@example.com.
GuestHouse Inn & Suites is also offering a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate to Bike MS cyclists. 601 Bunker Ave., Kellogg, ID Phone Reservations: 208-783-1234