About Walk MS
Join us in celebrating 25 years of Walk MS!
The Seattle Walk MS will be at the University of Washington E18 Parking Lot on Sunday, April 12, 2015. All members of the community are invited to join in the festivities at our “Walker Village” as we gather together to move closer to a world free of MS.
Walk MS Seattle Logistics
- The walk begins at 10:00 a.m. rain or shine!
- Accessible parking is available.
- Snacks and water available at Walker Village and rest stops.
- Check out Walk MS vendors and sponsors at the event.
- For the safety of other walkers, please leave your pets at home.
- Wear your best orange outfit to support the MS Movement!
- Volunteer at Walk MS! Contact Cara Chamberlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-515-4554 for more information, or register online.
- You can start or join an existing Walk MS team. If you have already registered, please contact us at teamMSnorthwest@nmss.org and your teams coach will help you out.
- The walk begins and ends at the University of Washington.
- The 4.6 mile route is along the Burke Gilman Trail to Gas Works Park and back.
- The route is on paved, mostly flat walkways and is accessible. View map.
- There are three rest stops with snack and water along the way, including entertainment at the Gas Works turn around.
- Registration is free, but we ask each participant to reach the $100 fundraising minimum (which gets you a Walk MS T-shirt!).
- How to turn in donations:
- Mail to: National MS Society, Greater Northwest Chapter, 192 Nickerson St., Ste. 100, Seattle, WA 98109 (include your name or name of Walk MS participant)
- Online with debit or credit card at walkMS.org.
- In person at Walk MS.
- The 2014 Seattle Walk MS raised over $800,000, an average of $276 per participant, which helps to support MS research, local programs, and services and support for people affected by MS. Thank you!
- Learn more about fundraising.
- Download or order fundraising materials.
Questions? Contact us at teamMSnorthwest@nmss.org or 1-800-344-4867, ext. 40307.
Join us for the 1st Annual Run MS Seattle 5K at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 12, 2015, the same day as Walk MS! All runners in the community, regardless of physical level or ability, are welcomed to sign up. Join us in this new tradition that will kick off the Walk MS event and move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis!
About Run MS Seattle 5K
- The run begins and ends at the University of Washington.
- Shotgun start is at 8:00 a.m.
- The route is along the Burke Gilman Trail.
- The run will be professionally timed and we encourage you to wear your best orange outfit to support the MS Movement!
- The $35 pre-registration/$40 day-of event fee includes a performance running shirt and timing chip.
- Runners can join a Walk MS Team or start their own Walk MS/Run MS team by registering here.
- Walkers are not permitted on the course for the Run MS Seattle 5K. The Walk MS event, utilizing a similar course, will be a non-timed event beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Runners are welcome to stay for Walk MS and enjoy the festivities!
Packet Pick-up details and route map coming soon!
Sample 5K training plans
- Hal Higdon Training Plan: http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50932/5K-Training-The-Most-Popular-Racing-Distance
- Couch-to-5K Training Plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
"My biggest reason for walking for the cure for MS is the love of my life, my fiance Mike! MS is one of those things that not too many people know too much about and I think that needs to change! I truly believe there is a cure out there somewhere and I hope and pray it is found soon so no one else has to suffer. Thank you for creating the National MS Society and putting on these events so we can all make a difference!"