Volunteers make Bike MS possible!
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the Bike MS volunteer team. From serving on planning committees and calling past participants to providing safety and support for riders at the event, volunteers make Bike MS happen, and are the foundation of why Bike MS is the largest cycling fundraising event in the country.
Who can volunteer?
Families, corporate groups, and individuals are encouraged and welcome to volunteer. Some volunteer positions require a criminal and/or DMV background check, and some may involve driving or heavy lifting. But if you want to help, we guarantee we can find a place for you! People of all ages and abilities are invited to volunteer. We are always looking for youth clubs, corporate, and service-oriented community groups to lend a hand before, during, and after our events.
When you decide to volunteer, you become part of the MS movement – a collective of passionate individuals, moving together to create a world free of MS. Together we provide support, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of people living with MS.
Volunteer AND raise funds – the best of both worlds!
Did you know that volunteers can raise money too? Bike MS volunteers have access to a variety of great fundraising tools. When you register online, you have access to a Participant Center where you can set a fundraising goal, update your personal webpage to share your story with others, e-mail supporters, track your progress and qualify for great fundraising prizes!
Sign up today!
To sign up, simply register as a volunteer.
Register to Volunteer
Paper Registration Form (link coming soon)
Please scan and email the completed form to email@example.com or fax to 303-698-7421, ATTN: Volunteer Manager.
Volunteer opportunities at Bike MS: Colorado locally sponsored by Anthem
Volunter as a group! Invite your friends, family and co-workers to join in on the fun! Build camaraderie and leave with the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in the lives of people affected by MS. Plus, there are great benefits to be had! If you have questions or a group you’re interested in signing up, contact the volunteer manager at 303-698-5443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up as an individual, simply register as a volunteer.
Register to Volunteer
Groups and individuals of all ages and abilities are invited to volunteer. All volunteers receive:
- Meals, snacks, and plenty of water
- Custom volunteer T-shirt
- Overnight accommodations available for volunteers who work 2+ shifts in/near Fort Collins
- The satisfaction of supporting an important cause
Below are some examples of the available volunteer positions. Your exact assignment will be sent to you prior to Bike weekend.
- Beer Garden — Manage the entry and exit points of the beer garden. Must be at least 21 years old. Consumption of beer during volunteer shift is prohibited. Qualifications: Must be at least 21 years old.
- Bike Corral — Check in/check out bikes, organizing them by rider numbers and carefully storing them in a secured area. Moderate lifting is required. Qualifications: Moderate lifting is required.
- Environmental Services — Manage trash and recycling. Qualifications: Roving position that does require heavy lifting.
- Start/Finish Line Cheer Crew — Volunteers cheer participants through the start or finish line. Qualifications: Great for all ages and physical abilities.
- Hydration Station — Stock and serve water, soda and sports drinks to participants. Qualifications: Some heavy lifting involved.
- Luggage Crew — Assist with luggage loading, storage and retrieval at Start Line, Overnight and Finish Line locations. Qualifications: Physically demanding position that requires moderate to heavy lifting throughout the entire shift.
- Parking Crew — Direct event participants where to park and which roads are blocked off to traffic.
- Registration/Check-In Crew — Assist with rider packet pick up, check-in riders, collect money, hand out T-shirts and assist with filling out forms. Qualifications: Must be 17 or older. Friendly and excellent customer service skills, able to serve several people at once, and be knowledgeable about the event.
- Rest Stop Crew — Set up and staff the rest stop. Organize food and beverages, replenish as needed throughout the day. Fill rider’s water bottles; encourage them to stay hydrated and to eat snacks at each rest stop. Cheer riders as they come in and leave. Clean up and tear down the rest stop.
- Route Marshal — Provide safety, motivation and direction for our riders at specific locations along the course. Direct riders at turns, traffic signals and tricky intersections as well as cheer them on along the way. Qualifications: Route Marshals are some of the longest volunteer shifts. Good for pairs to do together.
- Team Village — Team Village is one of the biggest areas at base camp at CSU in Fort Collins. Helpers are needed to unload items, set-up/breakdown and run errands for our large Team tents. Qualifications: Friendly and excellent customer service skills; able to serve several people at once, and be able to help with some lifting.
- Venue Set Up & Tear Down — Load and unload supplies and equipment, set up and take down fencing, banners, scaffolding and bike racks. Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Volunteer Check-in — Assist with checking-in volunteers for their shifts. Hand out t-shirts, volunteer packets, record attendance. Answer questions about volunteer positions and the event. Qualifications: Friendly and excellent customer service skills; able to serve several people at once, and be knowledgeable about event and volunteer positions. Must be 17 or older.
- Bag Drop — Check-in bags for riders participating in the One Day ride. Organize bags and transport bags to luggage area for riders to pick-up after the ride. Parking Crew Direct event participants where to park and which roads are blocked off to traffic. Qualifications: Friendly and able to explain directions clearly.