Welcome to Walk MS! Together We Are Stronger.
As a first time participant, we are here to make your Walk MS experience amazing. There are many activities during the day, so arrive early to get the most out of this event.
At Walk MS you are joining a group of passionate individuals to move together toward a world free of multiple sclerosis. Welcome!
This was my first walk and to have my family and friends surround me, support me, and encourage me to finish was absolutely amazing. To see the love that each person who was there had for whoever they were there with, oh it was just beautiful. And even more importantly, after the walk was over and all these people that I never met extended themselves to me and me to them, BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!"
– Karen Andrews
1. Be in the Know
- Watch for informational emails from your local Walk MS team providing important walk information and updates. Review and keep your Walk Participant Toolkit handy for helpful information on fundraising, getting started, and having an outstanding Walk MS experience. Visit this site as your go-to source for walk information, and be sure to check out the FAQs as a great source of information.
- If you have any questions or needs, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
2. Connect with Other Walk MS Participants
- Recruit others to join you! It's more fun when you walk with a friend. Use your Participant Center, to email invitations to join you or download photos and videos.
Connect with us and the Walk MS community on social media:
3. Start Fundraising Now
Set your goal and lead by example: Make a donation to yourself! Others will follow.
- Tell your donors why you are walking and how their donations make a difference.
- Log into your Participant Center to update your personal fundraising page. Tell your story and why you are walking, and how every dollar makes a difference. You can also send emails to your network and update your goal as you reach it.
- Check out these Fundraising Tips and Tools for additional ideas and resources.
4. Make Your Walk Meaningful
- Wear your "I Walk For..."" bib, found at the day of the event.
- Share your story on the End MS Forever mural found at the day of the event.
- Find out why others Walk and get inspired.
- If you are living with MS, participate in the "Living With MS" program.
5. Network and Make New Friends on Walk Day
- Meet with old friends and new! Take time to get to know other participants and share your story. Whether it's on the route, at the starting line, in a team tent, or in the Society's Wellness Area, you never know who you might inspire!
Visit the Wellness Area
- Get information about living well with MS.
- Talk to others living with MS.
- Visit with pharmaceutical companies and learn about their therapies.
- Learn what resources your community health care providers can offer as support to you and your family.
- Connect with local volunteers.
- Receive your Living with MS T-shirt (if applicable).
- Get your team photo taken.
- Enjoy the experience and engage with so many others who are making a powerful impact in creating a world free of MS!