We love having families participate in Bike MS! The minimum age for Bike MS: City to Shore Ride is 12 years old. Here are some special requirements for cyclists ages 12 through 17:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before the day of the event – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All riders under the age of 18 as of the start of the event (Saturday, September 29, 2018) must have a hardcopy signed waiver on file.
- All riders ages 12 through 17 must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or legal guardian.
- All youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- Even if the child is on a tandem bicycle, all of the requirements above still apply.
- No trailers, tagalongs, or child carriers are allowed on the route.
- To be an official participant, you must register for the event and meet the minimum fundraising requirements.
For minors who are between the ages of 12 and 17 years old, the below requirements apply:
- If not accompanying the minor during ride weekend, the parent/legal guardian must be available by phone during the entire weekend
- Parent/legal guardian and minor are highly encouraged to attend a Society-sponsored, League of American Bicyclists Group Riding Skills course. Information can be found at the Bike MS: City to Shore Safety Page.