Welcome to Walk MS! Together We Are Stronger.
As a first-time participant, it is important to know that Society staff are available to make your Walk MS experience memorable . Here is your first tip: there are many day-of-event activities, so arrive early to get the most out of your Walk MS experience.
At Walk MS you are joining a group of passionate individuals dedicated to creating a world free of multiple sclerosis. Welcome!
This was my first walk and to have my family and friends surround me, support me, and encourage me to finish was absolutely amazing. To see the love that each person who was there had for whoever they were there with, oh it was just beautiful. And even more importantly, after the walk was over and all these people that I never met extended themselves to me and me to them, BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!"
– Karen Andrews
1. Be in the Know
- Watch for informational emails from the Society providing important Walk MS information and updates. Review and keep your Walk MS participant information for tips and information on fundraising and more. Visit this site as your go-to source for Walk MS information, and be sure to check out the FAQs, too.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
2. Connect with other Walk MS participants
- Recruit others to join you at Walk MS! It's more fun when you walk with a friend, family or co-worker. Use your Participant Center to email invitations to join your team. You can also download photos and videos in your Participant Center.
Connect with the Society and the Walk MS community on social media:
3. Start fundraising now
Set your goal and lead by example: make a donation to yourself! Others will follow.
- Tell your donors why you are participating in Walk MS and how their donations make a difference.
- Log into your Participant Center to update your personal fundraising page. Tell your story and why you are walking, and how every dollar makes a difference. You can also send emails to your network and update your goal as you reach it. People who fundraise online raise three times as much as those who don't.
- Check out these Fundraising Tips and Tools for additional ideas and resources.
4. Make your Walk MS experience meaningful
- Wear your "I Walk For..."" bib, available at the event.
- Find out why others Walk and get inspired.
- If you are living with MS, participate in the "Living With MS" program.
5. Network and make new friends at Walk MS
- Take time to get to know other Walk MS participants and share your story. Whether it's at the start line, along the route, in a team tent or at the finish line celebration; you never know who you might inspire!
Visit Walk MS sponsors and experience Society displays
- Take a team photo
- Enjoy the experience and engage with others who are making an impact today in creating a world free of MS!